Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Special Prayer for the President


My 4th grader recently had an assignment to write a letter to the president. She has been learning about properly formatting a letter in her schoolwork, and writing to the president is a great way to practice.

I did not prompt her in any way because I wanted to see what she would come up with on her own. I thought this would give me some insight on the perspective she has gained through listening to the many political conversations we have in our home. 

I have to say, when I read her final letter, it brought me to tears, and I asked her if I could share it here with you...such sweet and simple thoughts of a child.




Dear President Obama,

       I will be praying for your safety, your health, and your wisdom to lead our country. I pray that your heart will be soft towards God, and to not be mean to Israel.  

                                               Sincerely,
                                                 Kelly








Copyright 2012-2015 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!