Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day Advice






Dad is a very special person in our family. He is the fearless leader, the patient one, the gentle man who can cry over a kids' movie, or soothe a ruffled little girl's hurt feelings, and the strong, quiet, steady rock that holds it all together, and that everyone wants as soon as something is going wrong.

In honor of Father's Day, I decided to put together a short list of "Dad-isms" for a fun post.  These are some of his favorite sayings, and make up a pretty good list of words to live by!

If you know him....perhaps you can 'hear' his voice saying one of these statements....I'm sure you've heard at least one!


  • Failure is not an option.
  • It will be better in the morning....things always are! I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
  • Have you read your Bible today?
  • Where is God in all of this?
  • You've gotta be kidding me!
  • You just can't get there from here. You're going to have to start fresh.
  • Hey...I love you.
  • If I could choose between a juicy steak dinner, or spending an hour with you....I'd take them both!
  • (when being asked for permission for something)....What's it worth to you? I can be bribed you know!
  • Watch me do this. Now you do it. Now do it again. And again. And again.....
  • Just keep spinning the plates!
  • I just want you to have a good judgment seat in Heaven.
  • Don't be a pill!
  • You're not really that old....are you?
  • Volunteer for the hardest job God has.
  • Be a stepping stone for someone.
  • Opinions are like arm pits...typically everyone has more than one, and they usually all stink!
  • Do you know for sure you're going to Heaven? You CAN know!
  • What's God been speaking to you about lately?
  • How much have you prayed about it?
  • A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are made for.
  • Jesus knows me, this I love! Can you say that?

What is the best advice you ever received from your dad?  Leave a comment and share it here!


Copyright 2012-2014 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!