Q is for QUICK ways to say "I Love You"
If you are reading this post, then you have someone in your life that you can practice these ideas on! You can never, ever show too much love! It is so important - such a vital part of relationships. It is the thing that is longed for. When a person truly knows they are loved, it equips them with the strength to press on and face any challenge that life throws at them. May we always take the time to let the people in our life know how loved they are!
By no means is this an exhaustive list. It is just a bunch of quick ideas that you can do regularly, with kids, husbands, wives, or friends, that will tell them you are thinking of them, and that they matter to you!
- Just SAY it!! Make it a practice in your life to say "I love you" to the people around you, especially spouses, parents, and children. There should never be a day that goes by that they don't hear it from you!
- Leave a small note where they will find it. It doesn't have to be anything long. You can do something as simple as drawing a heart on a sticky note and writing "I love you" in the center of it.
- Buy a small treat at the store and leave it where they can find it. Take your sticky note from #2 and stick it on that treat.
- As you walk by, give a pat on the shoulder, or a hug when appropriate.
- Hold hands with your spouse! Give their hand a tiny squeeze.
- Clear someone's dishes from the table....as you smile at them.
- Send a quick "luv ya" text or email. Bonus if you include a smiley face or heart!
- Grab your camera phone, and snap a quick picture of you and that person, and save it as your wallpaper.
- Fill their gas tank.
- Bring them a drink - a cup of cold water on a hot day speaks volumes! Or maybe a hot coffee on a cold day.
- Remember birthdays or significant days. Write them down somewhere to remind you to acknowledge them.
- Call to let that person know if you will be home late.
- See an interesting article online? Send it to them, with a little note....thought you would enjoy this. Or how about an interesting article in the paper, or maybe a funny comic strip....cut it out and save it for them.
- Get their coffee ready in the morning.
- Pack them a lunch, and make it interesting! Slip one of those notes in there...or draw a heart right on the side of the sandwich bag.
- When you take out a piece of gum, take out an extra one to give away.
- Clean up the mess they made - the drink that the kids spilled, or the dirty socks that hubby left on the floor. Don't say a word, just give them a smile when they notice.
- Hug them as soon as they walk through the door at home after a long day. Stop what you're doing and make it a point to say hi and acknowledge them.
- Stop what you're doing and say goodbye and "I love you" when they are leaving the house for the day.
This post is linked with "Blogging Through The Alphabet" with Marcy at "Ben and Me".