Tuesday, January 27, 2015

'Skinny' Root Beer Float

Recently I had a taste for a root beer float, but needed to find one without the calories and sugar! I searched through my recipe collection and Pinterest, but could not come up with a suitable recipe. Shocking!  So I decided to create my own. After several failed experiments, I came up with a pretty tasty THM friendly version of a root beer float. Enjoy!



In your blender or Bullet, combine the following:

1 c. unsweetened Almond/Coconut Milk (I used unsweetened coconut/almond blend)
1/4 c. water
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use whey powder, but use your favorite)
1/2 tsp. Glucomannan powder (this makes it very frothy & creamy)
2 tsp. root beer concentrate (found at Wal-Mart or most grocery stores, with the extracts)
2 tiny squirts of liquid stevia (or 1/8 tsp. stevia - to taste)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 c. ice

The longer you run the bullet/blender, the creamier your root beer float will get. Mine was SO close to tasting like ice cream, that it was a real treat!



Copyright 2012-2015 - "Be The One" - www.aclassofone.blogspot.com  All rights are reserved. No text, photos, or content may be reproduced without direct permission from the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!